Sign In

Remember Me

Or Login Using


Dangerous Pruducts

Home Forums Dog Lovers Forum General Dog Discussions Dangerous Pruducts

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Diane Geggis 1 year, 5 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #4719

    Gloria Duncan
    Participant

    Recently I pulled out my humidifier for the winter and thought maybe I should be sure there was no mold buildup after storage. In the first run I added about a half capful of bleach to clear out pollutants. Several days later my Shih tsu/poodle mix developed a retching (no vomiting) and her bark sounded like a sick child. Took her to the vet and she was diagnosed with severe bronchitis. I had burned her bronchia by her breathing the vapors from the bleach. We are currently on our second round of steroids and after three weeks she is showing signs of improvement. Just wanted to post so that none of you will make the same mistake of exposing your furry kids to bleach inhalation. I am even careful now of using bleach in any situation where she may be in the same room. Hope this will save one of yours this agony.

    #4745

    Diane Geggis
    Participant

    Thanks for the warnings. I would feel horrible if I had caused that injury to my cog and cat. Imagine how bad that would have been if used in a nursery!
    Please make sure you read the cleaning instructions on your device. There are instructions on how to clean the unit and there are special chemicals that can be used to inhibit mold growth. I never used the chemicals, but that meant cleaning the unit well every month.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.