Sign In

Remember Me

Or Login Using

Best Worm & Flea Treatment?

Home Forums Dog Lovers Forum Dog Health & Nutrition Best Worm & Flea Treatment?

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Jane Roberts 1 year, 4 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Off The Leash
    Keymaster

What have you found to be the best worm and flea treatment?

Julie
    Participant

Definitely Stronghold from the vets for me (well for Miner obviously!). So easy to administer and covers fleas tics and worms too.

Off The Leash
    Keymaster

Thanks Julie, I am sure this will help a reader. It needs a vets perscription

• This reply was modified 1 year, 5 months ago by  Off The Leash.

Becky Smith
    Participant

For me it is best to use different treatments to prevent the parasites from building up a resistance to one particular drug. So rotate both your flea treatment and worm treatment with what is available and suitable for your dog, remember collie and collie type breeds may not be able to have ivermectin based drugs unless they have been DNA tested clear of the drug sensitivity gene. Not all drugs treat all parasites, not all flea treatments kill ticks, not all wormers kill tapeworm or lungworm so rotating amongst them all means you cover all bases.

Julie
    Participant

Good points.

Jane Roberts
    Participant

I use Vectra 3d a fairly new product, which protects the dog from fleas, ticks, mosquitos ( which bear the leishmania parasite), sand and horse flies. As for worms I use Drontal tablets every 3 months

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.